Friday, October 2, 2009

Long Boat and Cypress Hike


Racing Team! 

On Saturday morning, Stephen and I headed down to Jericho for the 'Day of the Longboat' races. The sailing center was packed with teams lining up to race, and other waiting and cheering. Comparable to last year - there was a DJ and a hot tub with half-naked racers.

Green Machine (aka Fury, aka Stroke Hard Together) registered and got in the line-up. I snapped away from the other side of the line and then headed upstairs to view the action. A few minutes before the race started, Yuan and Stephen waved from the line-up, and I thought to myself 'wow, they are vain, more pictures?'. But I headed downstairs to find out that they needed an extra team member! Despite being wholly unprepared for this, I put a wet vest, and grabbed an oar and joined my bench mate.

The whole 15 minutes was exhilarating, wet and brought back memories from last year. The team placed 1st, because the 'real' 1st place was disqualified. We clocked in at 15:42.


Stephen & I at Jericho Sailing Center

After the races, we met up with Shannon and Jake and contemplated paddling or hiking. After we settled on hiking, we went back to the college to shower and change and met up with the Dickersons and Jake at Acadia Park. Ate, strapped ourselves in and headed to North Vancouver.


Stephen, Moi, Shannon & Aurora, Jake

Shannon picked the Hollyburn Ridge, and we started the climb. Beautiful morning, warm sun shine, and fall colors.


Breaktime with Aurora! 

No comments:

Post a Comment