Sunday, August 9, 2009

Camp ahhhhhhH!

(Checking out a banana plant with Stephany, Todd and Khari at the ferry terminal)

(River, falls, warm pool of water to swim in; Powell River)

This past week I was at a Power of Hope camp in Powell River. On of the most amazing, empowering experiences of working with youth. The staff was comprised of activists, visual and artists, awe-inspiring vocalists and facilitators and a handful of the under-10 crowd. With a 1:1 staff/youth ratio, we all got to know each other quite well, in a beautiful setting.

The best part of camp for me was letting loose, dancing, singing, interacting with youth and cooking. It made me realize the things I've missed doing/being - and gave me a real opportunity to catch up. All the staff/adults at the camp were phenomenal individuals with rich histories and amazing gifts/talents. I feel lucky to have learnt/grown with them.

I look forward to being with this organization in the fall and soaking in all the goodness from the youth and staff.



No comments:

Post a Comment